Monday, June 5, 2017

Taste Test


So we loaded in the Mountain House freeze dried food - at least the first portion.  As part of that effort, I ordered a small sampler pack and put it on the boat last week.  My thinking is that the freeze dried food can stay there and experience a fair bit of high temperatures - a sort of aging study - although I don't have an equation that one season of boat storage equals how many years of storage in my home.

But we were tired after a morning of boat work and decided to make the beef stroganoff.  



We supplemented that with some fruit we had on board and it was a fairly tasty lunch!

Could I eat this stuff daily for a month?  In an emergency situation, it's better than going hungry and the long storage life means I don't have to think about it much after laying it in.  I'll taste a few more of these before laying in the full supply (we have about 1 weeks for 2 persons currently).  Then once we have that, it will slowly get cycled through the boat for use in situations like this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment