Wednesday, April 12, 2017

My Goals


With everything else said before this, here are my main "prepping" goals...

FEMA says each household should store 2 weeks of food and water along with basic emergency supplies.  Given the current situation, I'd feel more comfortable doubling that.

But given how my household size varies, I think a tiered approach is what I'm comfortable with.

So here they are.  My Goals.
  1. Lay in 30 days of water for two people.  Have a reasonable plan if more people are with me.
  2. Have a tiered plan for food...
    • Buy ahead and eat what we normally would for a week or so
    • Lay in some shelf stable items (e.g., cans) for a possible longer term
    • Add in some really long term food for an even longer term
  3. Have a reasonable amount of comfort/hygiene/first aid items available
  4. Slowly consider other reasonable scenarios and expand/adapt.
A tiered food storage solution is kind of important as it allows me to shrug off the "Snowed in" scenario and avoid the lines, but also allows me to handle having a housefly of people for a short time or be more generous if it's just the two of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment